Wherever you go in Italy, it seems that is love in the air! Venice and its gondola rides, and Verona with Romeo and Juliet. Italy is known as one of the most romantic travel spots in the world. But Italy isn’t only for lovers.
There’s something for everyone!
1. Historians can trace the path of time.
Italy is chock full of ancient ruins. So come and trace history through the Etruscan, Magna Grecia, and Roman civilizations. Then into the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and right up to modernity!
2. A feast for artists and scholars
Artists and scholars get their fill at the many museums, galleries, and churches. According to UNESCO, Italy contains 60% of the world’s art treasures. But you’ll find plenty of literature, philosophy, and scientific treasures too. It was, after all, home of the Renaissance!
3. Unlimited adventures for sports enthusiasts
Hikers and backpackers can travel unlimited paths. From endless sun-drenched beaches to quaint Alpine villages and medieval towns. And for the more adventerous Italy offers everything from skiing to water sports. And team sports to camping.
4. Sightseeing galore
Tourists can wear themselves out to their heart’s content! Traipsing from Rome to Pisa, Venice, Florence, and back to Rome again. Stopping at every little town along the way.
5. Treats for the young
Italy has something for everyone, even the young or young at heart! Like Pinocchio Park in Pescia (Tuscany) or Gardaland, Lake Garda’s amusement park.
Yes, love is in the air – and there’s something for everyone to love. But never as much as on Valentine’s Day! Romantic Italy seems made for it! Couples strolling down cobble-stoned streets. Romantic dining on outdoor terraces. And the ever-present boxes of the Perugina company’s famous Baci, or chocolate kisses. Each bacio wrapped in its own multilingual love note!
(Even though this is a promotional video, I decided to share it because of the language lesson. Hope you like enjoyed it!)
But what I love most about Italy are the simple homey things that will ever live in my heart.
- Olive trees in blossom and red-leaved vineyards in the crisp autumn air.
- Piping hot pizza, frothy cappuccinos, and hot peppers drying in the sun.
- Chubby-cheeked babies that “never eat”.
- Old folks dozing in the shade of a summer’s afternoon.
- And kind neighbors always ready with cups of espresso or a helping hand.
- Outdoor markets, tiny shops, and hot fresh bread delivered right to the door.
It’s Italy, and love is in the air! And in the food, the places, and the smiles on people’s faces! Happy San Valentino from Italy! ❤